Recommendations to Parents
Remember that education begins at home. A joint effort
by the school and the parents will alone help to reach the
desired goal of all round development of your children.
We request you to go through the following guidelines
and abide by them.
- To provide basic amenities at home and create an
atmosphere conducive to study.
- To Inculcate in your wards from childhood itself love
for order and punctuality, sense of cleanliness, spirit
of discipline, hard work, good behaviour and self
- To see that your children come to school punctually.
Students returning to school after a contagious
diseases should produce a medical certificate that
they are free from infections, failing which the child
may be obligated to return home during class hour
- To check the note books and school diaries of your
children regularly and take care that the lessons and
home work assigned for the following day are done.
- If you feel that your ward does not make the desired
progress please discuss the matter with the Principal.
Similarly, should you have a legitimate complaint
about a teacher or the school, instead of making any
critical remark about them in the presence of your
child, bring the matter to the notice of the Principal
but not to others.
- Since absence from classes will retard your child's
progress in studies, you should take care not to
request for leave of absence for flimsy reasons. Any
leave of absence upto 3 days is to be sought from
the Principal through the diary and for more than 3
days a separate application is to be submitted within
3 days of such absence.
- When corresponding with the school about your child
you are requested to mention beside the name of
the child, the class and the section in which he/she
- Sufficient care is taken for the security of the children,
however in case of natural, accidental mishap or third
party negligence the school shall not be responsible.
- Necessary arrangements must be made to take the
children home immediately after the school hours.
- You are requested to be available for discussion in
the school regarding the progress/conduct of your
child, should the Principal deem it necessary.
- Since the medium of instruction is English, you are
requested to encourage your children to read at home
English journals and converse in English as well.
- Parents are to sign an undertaking at the time of
admission that they are prepared to abide by the
rules and regulations of the school and withdraw
their children, should the school authorities feel that
their continuance is detrimental to the achievement
of the objectives of the school.
- The decision of the management on all matters
regarding the school shall be binding.
- Pupils of the Kindergarten should not depend on the
timings of the children of the higher classes. It is
advisable to arrange separate vehicles for them. Pupils
who expect to return late to their homes are responsible
for informing their parents about it in advance.
- Parents are expected to co-operate with the school
authorities in enforcing regularity and discipline. Please
see that your children prepare their lessons and their
homework regularly. Parents should take an active
and helpful interest in the activities of the school.
- Remarks made in the diary should be seen and signed
the next day as a proof that you have read them.
- If you observe that your child is not assigned
homework for sometime or that she is unable to
follow the lessons, the Teacher-in-charge should be
- During School hours, parents/guardians are not
allowed to see their children or interview teachers
or visit the class room or walk about in the School
premises etc. They need permission from the Principal
to do so.
- Children, who are seriously ill should not be sent to
school even if examinations are going on.
- Children should do their homework by themselves.
They should not be helped in it by parents or by
tutors unless they really need it. It is important that
the children develop a habit of studying and working
on their own.
- Giving presents to the staff or other demonstrations
of gratitude or good will in their honor is not allowed
except with the prior permission of the Principal.
- As your child advances in age, guide her/him to
become a resourceful member of home and the
society. Encourage self-help for work and study.
Children should be taught to keep their room tidy,
make their own bed, polish their own shoes, carry
their own bag etc. The formation of such habits early
in life inculcates in them the idea of the dignity of
work, a fundamental personal virtue, necessary for
successful career in life.
- You are requested to pay special attention to the
personal cleanliness of your child. Kindly see that
your child attends the school in proper prescribed
uniform. Please maintain the correct address in your
child's school diary.
- The school doesn't take responsibility for providing
transport facilities. The parents are responsible for