Leave Of Absence
- Leave of absence is not granted except for serious reasons
and only on a previously written application of the
parent/ guardian. Kindly discourage leave merely for
social and religious functions.
- Parents should notify in writing any absence from School
owing to illness or otherwise of their ward. A Medical
Certificate must be produced if a student is absent
for more than a week on medical grounds.
- Parent/guardian who for a good reason would like to
take their children home during school hours must
come themselves, or submit an authorisation letter
signed by them to the school office.
- A student will be allowed to go home only escorted by
a family member during school hours.
- During School hours, parents/guardians are not allowed
to see their children or interview teachers or visit the
class room or walk about in the School premises etc.
They need permission from the Principal to do so.
- On return to School the absentee must produce her/his
parent's written explanation for her/his absence. This
note will be given to the Class Teacher to be kept
in the file for record. Failure to produce explanation
may result in the student being sent home.
- Students availing more than one week's leave of absence
must get the leave note signed first by the Principal.
- Pupils who leave without due notice or keep away
from School for more than fifteen days offering no
explanation for their absence, are struck off the rolls;
as a rule are not readmitted, but if readmitted they
must pay their admission fee again.
All Josephites are expected to behave well at all times
and in all places. The whole-hearted co-operation of the
parents/guardians is expected at all times in the formation
of the character of their children. As the child progresses
from the lower to the higher classes, She/He will be given
ample opportunity to shift from conforming to externally
imposed order to self-imposed discipline.
The school will insist on strict punctuality, regular school
attendance, cleanliness in dress, general grooming and
fidelity to study and work assignment.
Rules Of Conduct
- Students should always be clean and neatly dressed.
They should wear the School uniform on all class
days, PTMs and School functions.
- Irregular attendance at School, habitual laziness,
disobedience, objectionable moral influence and
intentional discourtesy or disrespect to teachers, are
each sufficient cause for dismissal.
- Bullying is strictly prohibited inside the school premises
and no such act will go unnoticed or unpunished.
- Any student who is found to have done damage of any
kind in the class room or anywhere in the premises
of the School has to make good the damage done.
- All should be particularly careful to avoid throwing
remnants of food, papers etc. anywhere in the School
premises except in the bins provided for the purpose.
- No fines of any kind or collections for any purpose
whatsoever or sale may be made without the Principal's
- No mobile phones, cameras, unwanted books or
periodicals may be brought to the School campus.
Students found with immoral books, pictures, CDs, pen
drives etc. in their possession or seen lending them
to others are liable to be expelled from the school.
- Running, playing or shouting inside the school building
is not allowed.
- When students moving along corridors or up and down
the stairs, when changing classes they walk in silence
and the rule is 'keep left'.
- Students with health problems during the school hours
can avail the facilities of the sick room only with the
written permission of either the Principal or the class
- Pupils must attend physical education, games and
other activities outside School hours when required to do so. Participation on such occasions will be
deemed compulsory by the School authorities, since
games and athletics play an important part in the
student's all-round education. They will be excused
from participation only on a previous written
recommendation of a medical officer.
- Pupils are answerable to the School Authorities for
their conduct both in and outside the School. Hence
misbehaviour of any kind in the streets and other
public places justifies their dismissal.
- No late arrival to School may be admitted to class
without the Principal's signature on the Record of Late
Arrival in the School Diary. The teachers will also sign
- School starts with an assembly. Before the
commencement of the first period lessons, students
recite the Prayer before study. When the last period
is over, the students recite together the Prayer after
- No pupil may leave the School premises during school
hours (recess time included) without the prescribed
gatepass duly signed by the Principal.
- The School is not responsible for the loss of books,
pens, money etc. Each student is responsible for her
things. It is not advisable to bring valuable articles
like expensive watches or fountain pens to School.
Books and other property must be marked, as far as
possible, with the owner's name.
- No meetings, demonstrations, party or picnic may be
held by the students without the previous permission
of the Principal.
- Sufficient care is taken for the security of the children,
however in case of natural, accidental mishap or third
party negligence the school shall not be responsible.
- A student who uses unfair means during examination
will be awarded zero in that subject.
- There will be a PTM after every assessment / examination
and parents are allowed to meet the teachers on every
Saturday after school for 20 minutes.
- Students are permitted to apply 'henna' on their
palms but only with prior permission. If a student
applies 'henna' without prior permission or on more
than permissible areas, she will not be allowed to
come to school till the colour of 'henna' fades away.
Wearing of nose pins / two or three sets of earrings
/ rings or bangles is not allowed.
- During all the PTMs students should come with their
parents and should themselves be in complete school
- All students should greet their teachers whenever
they meet them. No student should use abusive / foul
language against any teacher or others.
- After the school hours all students are expected to
go home. They are not allowed to go to their friend's
house for parties etc. from the school.
- All the students must converse in English in the
school premises. English conversation at home too is
- Every student should strive to keep up the high
standard of the school by excelling in studies, cocurricular
activities, good conduct and maintaining a
high moral character.